Friday, March 21, 2008

Barcelona Pavilion

This morning I ran, 6.4 miles (calculated on Google Earth). I sucessfully ran up Montjuic, and ended at the fortress on the top of the mountain. This was one of the most frustrating runs since I have been in Barcelona. This mountain was covered with tourist, I counted a total of 8 different languages while on my run to the top. I had to stop every ten feet to avoid visitors of this popular site. It was very frustrating, although once on top the view of the olympic stadium, the Telecommunication tower, and the Port were worth it. While on top I met another runner, an older man also a fellow American named Rich, from Deleware he was a mid 40 yr old man, and has been living in Barcelona. I ran with him down the mountain and had a great end of the run. I finished the day by the Barcelona Pavilion. After seeing this site I ran home showered and returned to sketch the area.


A reflection from the exterior of the Pavilion looking out onto the reflection pool.


No comments: