Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cafe Melon

The other morning I woke up and got ready for a run although unlike many others, I had no final destination. My goal was to run around my local neighborhood just to see if I could find any interesting buildings. Most buildings within my immediate neighborhood are very older, plain, five to six stories apartment buildings. During the run I found nothing which interested me or anything I considered worthy of sketching. This was until I began running home and within two blocks of my apartment. I came across this modern building, which I felt was really interesting. The building used extreme contrast in its facade, a steady blend from solid grey to all white. It used varying rectangles and changed the colors to create a slow bleed into lighter tones. I liked the building although I dont feel it was sucessful in continuing any axial lines on the facades of the existing buildings.

No comments: